It is generally difficult to predict when a roof may need replacement in Toronto, just like it is impossible to predict the winning numbers in a lottery. As such, roofers cannot pinpoint when their services will come in handy. Even though most of them prefer to deal with roofing problems during warm weather, roof replacement services may end up being necessary during the cold season, especially if it is an emergency case.
Contrary to common beliefs or misconceptions, it is possible to work on roofs during the cold temperatures experienced during winter in Toronto. The work may be inconveniencing during that season, but it also has several advantages. Therefore, it is important to consider the upsides and downsides of roof replacements during that period to determine the best cause of action. Both homeowners and contractors should compare the advantages with the disadvantages before moving forward with any plans related to roof replacement in winter, instead of focusing on one side only.
Roof Replacement in the Winter: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Swift roof replacement, even during winter, prevents further damage to the roof and maintains its structural integrity. It also keeps the roof from deteriorating further and the issue from getting worse.
- The warmth from the heating system in the house promotes adhesion.
- Professional service providers are not very busy in winter, which means getting a roofing contractor immediately you need one is possible.
- Lawns, landscaping features, and gardens are less likely to be damaged by the equipment.
- As a homeowner, you can rest easy knowing your roof can withstand harsh weather conditions.
- Tending to the roof in winter prepares it for the rainy season in spring.
- Since asphalt shingles are more brittle in winter, working on them increases the chances of breaking or chipping.
- The cool weather can interfere with the airflow in the compressor, thereby affecting how nails are driven into the roof.
- Bending shingles too far can cause them to crack, which makes it impossible to install or replace valleys.
- Strips may not adhere to the roof properly, especially if they are self-sealing, which results in easy water penetration.
- Every service involves a lot of work because of the extra work like snow or ice removal.
- The slippery nature of the roof is a safety hazard and slows the work progress.
The decision to repair or replace a roof in winter should depend on the possible damages that may result from postponing the work. If the consequences of waiting are severe or the damage is likely to become too extensive and costly, then the job should be done as soon as possible. The trick is in comparing the benefits of completing the job quickly versus the dangers of waiting for the weather to improve.
In most cases, roof replacements have a greater sense of urgency than repairs. The best option is to look for a reputable company that will minimize the risks associated with working in winter.
With our experience at D’Angelo and Sons, that should not be a problem. We can work closely with the homeowners to ensure the work is finished within the shortest time without putting anyone in danger.
Roof Replacement Professional Experience in Toronto Winters
Working with skilled roofing contractors from D’Angelo & Sons in winter or any other season comes with many benefits. Our experience with domestic roofs and ability to work in any weather condition ensures we exceed the expectations of our clients regardless of the service we provide. Our experience also:
- Enables us to finish the job safely, quickly, and efficiently.
- Allows us to use the right tools properly, even those likely to be affected by bad weather.
- Allows our team to work on roof shingles without damaging them in cold weather.
- Ensures we choose the right shingles and appropriate adhesive.
- Enable us to use the correct methods when dealing with every aspect of the roof, such as ice removal.
- Ensures we don’t cause a lot of inconveniences or disruptions to the homeowner.
For more information about our services and how we can serve you, reach out to us today.
Don’t ignore your roof in winter or wait until spring to change it if you suspect it has a problem. The ramifications of waiting could end up being more severe than dealing with the problem in winter. Call our experts the moment you spot a problem. We will assess the roof and determine whether it can wait or should be dealt with immediately. We will also give you a no-obligation quote.